Monday 11 July 2016

I didn't want to write this๐Ÿ˜‹ (first day part 3)

Our first day. We've cycled about 53 miles.
Dad made me wake up at 6:30 not nice. I wanted a lie in :-(
We cycled 12 miles to Paddington station and took the London western to Exeter arriving at 12. I slept for most of the train journey. We cycled another 20 miles to our first stop. On the way we saw a bird sanctuary and past a random train station where I wanted to stop cycling and go on the train. We cycled through Exmouth and our first stop was at Budleigh sorterton for lunch. Here we stopped in a funny cafe for sandwiches and a wee stop. Next we had our first proper hill into sidmouth and went past the red cliffs there. Dad made me take pictures as Lynn used to live there. Leaving Sidmouth we came upon our biggest hill of the day called Salcombe hill and this was 16% and went on for at least a mile poor dad struggled a bit. When we reached the top it was flat for around 3 miles and we reached 55kph on the flat and 66 when we went down the other side of the hill! We were taken own a side road by dad's phone and the it almost went flat but we finally reached Lyme beach and had scones on the front. We are at a very nice b&b but it's up a hill and after having a bath have decided to go out for fish and chips for dinner😁.

1 comment:

  1. I nearly missed this post. Took me a bit of time to look for it. will check your post daily. Tx

    ReplyDelete