Thursday 14 August 2014

free day 2 in Ullapool

Today we cycled 100metres shocking, well we only had to in the morning so it wasn't that bad. We got up at 8:00 and same as yesterday had breakfast downstairs. We then jumped in the car, after packing all our stuff in there, to find a b&b. We found it very soon and I got my own room! Very exiting followed by very unexciting. We had to cycle 100 metres from the hotel to the b&b I was not happy about that as we weren't meant to cycle on "free days". After that we walked about and got to the stone beach there we did some skimming it was surprising mum and dad joined in. Then we went back into town to look at a charity sale out side the church where we went yesterday for the museum. Dad wanted tea so we went surprisingly into a outdoor shop with a gallery and cafe upstairs. In the shop on a video screen they were showing different way to wear your buff which I thought was cool.

Next I remembered we took the car to a beach side cafe 2-3 miles away from Ullapool and we had nice panninies for lunch there. Son after that mum and dad wanted to walk on the beach but I didn't so I was allowed to stay in the car while I read and played a bit of games. After an hour dad and mum came back and said there were some exiting rock towers and a cave there so I went I didn't look at the cave in the end but I saw a video from mum but I did see the rock towers and I thought they were impressive so we built one ourselves dad only helping later on. It was easier than I imagined and soon we were done. It wasn't as good as our predecessors ones but it was good enough and dad has put up pictures of them on the blog. We then drove back and our man who runs the b&b recommended an Inn for dinner where we did have a nice dinner indeed. Now we're back at the b&b and as mum and dad want an early night I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. Granny very jealous of you visiting Loch Broom and the gardens at Inverewe-she is giggling remembering the rowing, oil drums and the telegraph pole!!!
    Quiz question for Dwight-do you remember these too and where did these events take place?!
    Hopefully the weather has taken a turn for the better-the views you have posted are amazing-hope it is not too much of a shock getting back on the bike again after your numerous cheats and restings!

    ReplyDelete