Wednesday 13 August 2014

day 40 first proper free day in Ullapool

Today was our first full free day in Ullapool with mum of course. We woke up at 7:45 and went downstairs for breakfast in the hotel. We ate and mum and dad decided we should got to the Ullapool museum in Telford church. I didn't want to go but it was interesting anyway and had a small movie about a bit of history of Ullapool. Ullapool itself is a smaller than I expected I thought it would be more Blackpool size but it's a lot smaller after that we sort of ambled back to the hotel to get the car before driving to Inverewe gardens and on the way we even found a nice place for a muffin and tea brake. It was over 50 miles I think to get to the gardens and mum drove quite fast. We got there at about 1:15 and had a tour around the gardens which were amazing. There were all sorts of surprising plants and lots of tdifferent sections of plants from different countries. My favourite was group of ferns clumped on top of a small wall which locked a bit like a cushions and felt like you could sit on it.

After that we drove back and on the way came to a beach where me and dad walked in the suf a bit dad was squealing while I was happy there and thought it felt nice. We got back to the hotel and I washed my shoes to get rid of the sand in them and we went to a local reasruant for fish and chips which was very nice with ice creams for desert. When we got back to the hotel I messed about a bit and then Ruan (my friend) called us and we had a nice chat before I had to write this and go to bed. Which is what I'm about to do as mum and dad want me to.

1 comment:

  1. As I am here, lewis missed on tintin book he was allowed before heading back to hotel, lost his tooth again and picked up another £5 from his toothfairy. Also Dwight keeps telling me that I am spoiling his routine. Maybe it's part of the fun. : ) mum

    ReplyDelete